Thursday, April 26, 2012

European Inspiration

We are so excited we are going to Europe!  Greg's company's corporate office is located in Nuremberg, Germany, his yearly sales meeting is held there, so we have decided to extend our trip into a vacation.


This year we also celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, so this will be a very special trip for us!  I have dreamed of visiting Italy for years, and you will probably get tired of seeing post from my trip.  I will try not to bore you, but can you imagine all the design inspiration I'm going to get! I can hardly contain myself!


Our trip will start with five days in Nuremberg, Germany with Greg in meetings, and I will be sightseeing.....


Then we will be renting a car, and driving from Switzerland to Northern Italy through the Alps.....
 From there to.....Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, are five small villages on the "Costa Ligure of Levante". The villages from north to south are: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Since 1926, the Cinque Terre towns have been part of the province of La Spezia.


The best way to enjoy the Cinque Terre is on foot! Walking along the mountain side you go through the Mediterranean bush, between the sky and sea! The Cinque Terre is crossed by many pathways. The main trail goes along the coast and links all the villages.


The mountains descend abruptly to the sea; a path, called the "Sentiero Azzurro" runs along the coast high above the villages. Other walks are lower and close to the shores.


We will be spending three days in Cinque Terre hiking, exploring, sunning on the Italian coastline, drinking wine, and trying out much Italian cuisine.
 From there we will be traveling to the beautiful countryside of Tuscany region.....
Our main stay is in a B&B in Greve in Chianti a village situated in the Tuscany region.  Where we will be visiting several villages, castles, winery's all in the area for the next five days.  




On our way back to Germany we are driving to Austria, and staying in the mist of the Alps.....


I can't wait to share our trip experience with you, and I'm sure I will be glad to be home for a day, yes I said a day before boarding a plane, and heading to Mississippi to help my friend with her daughters wedding.  What a great and blessed time I get to share with such special people in my life.....
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment