Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tag sale finds

I've heard it said, " we spend the first half of our lives accumulating stuff, and the last half getting rid of it".

Last Saturday I set out to a neighborhood yard sale.  The neighborhood is part of our community, and is a 55 and older community.  These people are downsizing and getting rid of family heirlooms that have much sentimental value.  I loved hearing the stories behind some of the pieces they were selling.....from old galvanized watering can that was her grandmothers (She was at least 70 herself) to a huge basket that had many puppies delivered in it....to the boat wheel I bought that hung in their families beach home.  Each home and family had their unique stories with each piece.....

Here are a few of my finds.....


small side table
I'm going to paint the bottom iron black, and place  it on my front porch.
Pottery Barn olive jar and candlesticks
Large antique silver tray
old office chair
 Lg wall clock
wood boat wheel  & teal McCoy planter

The wheel is finding it's new home on the front porch also.
side table that I will paint & distress

It was so much fun hearing all their stories, and I love finding pieces and recreating new life for them.

I couldn't get pictures posted of all my finds, but there were a desk & chair, and a few more side tables.  I will be posting pictures of everything when they get painted.

Seriously, I don't know if I could have had any more fun.....it's the small things in life folks!

Have a blessed week,

Kim





































No comments:

Post a Comment