Friday, April 13, 2012

Turquoise Sideboard

 This sideboard was given to us from my mother in law, and I have always thought it would be so cool to have, and paint black.   (Unfortunately I cannot find the before picture, but it was just wood and really not that pretty)  Because honestly, until recently about everything got painted black.  Yes, it would look good black, and distressed, but I decided when we moved into our town home I needed some color besides off white and brown.  So I went for it.....I went BOLD..... I went turquoise!
At first It was a little scary, I admit, but you know it's only paint.  I loved it, but it took a few days to just live with it.


Turquoise sideboard
I kept the orginal hardware, which i love, and distressed it.  We have a lot of dark wood furniture, and open living space so it does stand out!



Yes it is bold, but everyone who comes into our home always comments on it!  It is a statement piece, and for now I'm loving the turquoiseRemember it's only paint.....it can always be changed.  If you're looking for a change or update in your home go out paint a wall, room or even a piece of furniture.

Having a design change doesn't mean we have to spend a lot money, just taking a risk!

Have a blessed week,

Kim 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! i'm having a love affair with turquoise as well as mint green and variations therein!! As well, up until recently, everything I did was black too! i'm having a blast with color and find it such a refreshing change!

    ReplyDelete